Friday, May 2, 2008

Downtown

Today we ended up downtown, due in part to missing storytime, and in part to the fires in Harvard Square (our usual backup hanging-out place.) So we spent the day at Boston Common, visiting my favorite fabric store, and having lunch with my friend Jaimie. Because I'm awesome, I left the camera at home and we have no pictures.

But, I did receive my order from Superbuzzy, which was very exciting! Three yards of fabric--some cotton canvas, and some plain cotton. I plan to make baby shoes and zip purses, hopefully for my Etsy shop, but some will end up being presents for various people.



Speaking of gifts, I managed to finish presents for two different people! (I'm feeling very accomplished, so indulge me!)

A clutch and matching pincushion:



I also made a mother's day clutch, but didn't photograph it...

For my shop, I made these sachets:



Some are pink, some are green, but all have a coordinating ribbon and tiny baby-themed charm. They are all filled with lots of lovely dried lavender!

No comments: