Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Extra Help

Since my husband is going out of town (tomorrow morning at the, ahem, crack of dawn) and going to be gone essentially for a week and a half, and I have not only a gigantic pizza party to plan, but a house to get on the market, a yard sale for which to get ready, and a vacation for which to pack--oh, yeah, don't forget the full-time job and toddler--I started to panic. So I called my mom, who couldn't make it, but, my sister could. And since I have a bunch of heavy lifting to do, and a porch to paint, her boyfriend is coming as well. Whoohoo! Problem solved!

Yes--this will be the second year that I've planned the Arlington Family Connection's annual pizza party. It involves a lot of pizza and watermelon, a playground, and volunteers. It's really not a lot of work, but when you add it into everything else, it starts to look like a monster! :O)

And, yes, we're selling our house. It's been a tough decision to make, but we can't afford it anymore. Our property taxes were increased recently, pushing our mortgage up very high, and our three year ARM expires next August. With the housing market slump, unfortunately there isn't the 20% increase in value that we need in order to refinance our house before that happens, so we're putting it on the market now. We don't know how long it will take, but we're hoping it's not too long because we need to keep our kid in diapers, and I really don't like Top Ramen: it gives me migraines. Just saying. (Anyone want to buy a recently completely renovated first floor condo in East Arlington, MA?)

Part of selling our house and moving is decluttering. I'd say we've put about a sixth of our possessions in the yard sale pile, and I'd like to put another sixth down there this week. The yard sale is set for Sunday the 27th. We've decided to get rid of all our baby acoutrements if anyone's looking for anything like that. Again, just saying. :O)

Ok, enough of the boring stuff. If you've made it this far, I commend you. I can be wordy and blabby. Sorry.

Yesterday we found the MOST AWESOME wading pool. Artesani Spray Pool in Brighton. Oh my gosh, the kids had a blast.

I also picked up some fabric for a most awesome gift for our cousin's up coming baby! Yey!

I'm also obsessed with wooden spools. I don't actually have any, though. Does anyone know where to find them?

And, I've been getting a few requests about the capes, and people wondering why they're not in the store. Well, the logos are copyrighted, and the tutorial is also labeled as copyrighted. Sad, I know. However, if you want something similar, let me know, and we'll see what we can work out. :O) It won't be exactly the same, but we can try to come up with something. :O)

No comments: