Friday, August 1, 2008

50th Post!

This week has been full of anticipation--things that only Jes and I knew about, eagerly awaiting our vacation, and wondering when our house would sell. Now that the week is closing, and we've disclosed information to family and friends, I think I'm ready to share with the blogging world our news.

Our house sold. But you already knew that. What you didn't know is that we're moving back to Washington state, Tacoma actually, at the end of August. We'll be saying goodbye to all of our good friends here in Boston, and heading on another adventure in the Pacific Northwest. This time in a new city, with new places to explore.

Tomorrow we head out to Washington to not only visit family and friends, but look for a new house, one which we home to call home for a few years. I have a couple I've scheduled to look at, all with three bedrooms, fully fenced yards, and near parks. And the most important part--they're all affordable.

Other than that, I've been schlepping my sister and her boyfriend around Boston, showing them the sights before we all head back, and sewing like a mad person. I managed to finish her apron, a dog crate pad, and zipper pouch, plus cut out the fabric for our new quilt and my apron, and make major progress on my scarf and socks. So while it's not where I'd hoped to be, I'm at least making progress. I'll post pictures as soon as I can; my camera's been acting up.

No comments: