Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New House Tour: Bug's Room

I have Bug's room to a point at which I'm happy (not completely finished, mind you!)

This is the view as you walk into the room (he was playing in his bed, hence the rumpled bedclothes.) I'm not a huge fan of licensed character items, but the blankets were given as gifts. And they fit in perfectly, so they work!

The blank space above the side of his bed will eventually have a map of the world on it. I looked and looked for an old classroom map, but couldn't find any on eBay or Etsy, so I was about to give up when I found one at my neighborhood thrift store. For $4! Score! I just need to get a sheet of wood to mount it on, and then I'll be able to hang it.



This is the toy/book corner. I finally decided to get this chest from Ikea: it's from the Trofast line. I love the bright colored bins, and Bug likes to help me sort his toys at night. These are just a small amount of his books, as we still haven't bought bookshelves for the hallway. The rocking chair was handmade; it's like a puzzle, and can all come apart.



We bought the bedroom set with the thought that he could store his treasures on the shelves of the headboard, and extra clothes in the drawers along the side. So far it's just a place for Mommy to store all the pretties, but that's OK. The pictures and paintings above the bed are all done by me: the larger one on the left is a copy of a Picasso that I did in a color theory class.



I really like this corner--the shelves were a Target clearance find, and the two pictures and star/moon mirror were found at thrift stores. Oh, and also the little metal airplane I've hung from the ceiling. The train in the largest shelf, as well as the xylophone and pull-puppy were my dad's when he was little.





And, just because he's so stinking cute, here's a picture of Mommy's Little Man!

2 comments:

Pam said...

What a cutie-pie! I bet you're happy to have so much space... it's a very cute room!

Jessie Keating said...

We love all of our space! 1800 square feet is SO MUCH MORE than 791. :O)