Thursday, January 29, 2009

Why I Sew

My own clothes, that is.  Liesle over at Oliver + S said exactly what I've been thinking about lately. Go on, go over and read the post, then come on back. I'll wait.

Ok, so why do I sew my own clothes? In addition to everything she said, I'm a tough size to buy for. I'm right in between sizes, and have been for years, so I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. Additionally, I like the idea of putting my own stamp on things, and once I'm over the whole "follow the pattern to the letter or I might be punished" thing, I'll definitely start in on that. In fact, the day before yesterday I chopped the sleeves of a favorite tunic-y top (from Value Village!) and made them short sleeves. (The 3/4 sleeve thing is not for me; it drives me absolutely bonkers.)

Anyway, just thought I'd add in my two cents. If I had been a bit more organized--and not hit with an icky flu--I'd have posted pictures of the cupcakes Bug and I made. He added the "sparkles." :O)

No comments: