Friday, February 20, 2009

Kids and Swaps

I'm sitting at my dining room table, hot chai latte next to me, and Iron & Wine on in the background, with my son and his friend running wildly through the house, yelling, "We're wunning! We're flwy-ing like airplanes!" in that halted way that toddlers have. They're going between driving cars maniacally, the play kitchen, and shoving Sir Topham Hatt in the barn. I made an agreement with a friend--she watched Bug so Jes and I could go out Valentine's Day, and now I'm watching her little girl. The kids have a way of making me happy--I mean, how can you not be affected by two high energy, screaming, playing kids!

I received a swap package yesterday, with a lovely handwritten note included. I love the fabrics she sent, but the note was what got me. I love to write letters, but very (very) rarely receive one in return. So I was just, well, tickled to get hers! I just penned a long letter back to her, and will get her package ready once I'm off the computer.

We actually have a busy weekend planned, involving birthday parties and such. I'll see you all next week! Have a lovely weekend!

No comments: