Thursday, April 9, 2009

In which I spring to finish

I'm working on various projects, and though it sometimes feels like I'm not making any progress, I know I am. For example, I finished one project that I have been meaning to do for a long time. I finally organized my stamps. I moved them from my little boxes to the shelves on the wall, which allows me to see what I have, and hopefully to use them all. All my stamp pads are in the little drawers. (The little dog was a thrift store score. I found a dresser scarf with this little image, plus the embroidery hoop, and voila, a new wall hanging!)



After two consecutive nights of sewing, I managed to not only finish Bug's quilt top, but quilt and machine bind the front. All that's left is the hand sewing.



In between quilting, I also started my DQS6 project. Of course, it's all a secret until they receive, but here's some progress!



Finally, I received the most awesome package from Kajsa. She sent me her "J" mini quilt, as well as some much-loved postcards of her artwork, some Marimekko napkins, and Finnish chocolate! I've never had anything from Finland, so I am so excited! We swapped, so I sent her one of my embroidered necklaces, as well as a bunch of fabric.



This will be my last post for a few days, as we're heading across the state to visit with family for Easter. Hopefully I'll have some finished projects to show when we get back!

Spring to Finish Progress = 1

1 comment:

syko kajsa said...

I'm so happy that the Jaguar finally got a good home! It looks great there in the window! Have a nice trip!