Friday, June 12, 2009

Leave me to my own devices...


Toadstools!
Originally uploaded by Tiny House
And I will sew little tiny mushrooms all day long. Well, not really, but naptime was spent in the car yesterday, with my sewing box readily available. Yep, I gave up reading time to hand sew. I used to say I didn't like hand sewing, but lately, well, it's one of my favorite things to do!

These are a custom order for a friend and her toddler daughter. The bigger one is about 1.5" wide by 2" tall, and the smaller measures about 1" wide by 1.25" tall. Each one took a long time to make, given all the tiny details, but the smaller one took much longer--since I used smaller beads, and smaller felt pieces. My fingers were a bit cramped when I was done! But Ikea was so much more fun knowing I had crossed one item off my long to do list!

This weekend my husband is riding a 45 mile bike ride, then we're off to Marymoor Park (Redmond, WA) to meet him. And of course I'll sneak in a visit to my favorite crafty stores!

No comments: