Monday, July 27, 2009

Placemat Swap







I recently participated in a placemat swap on Flickr. Originally, you were supposed to send one placemat, and you would receive one. Mary and I decided to send each other three! She sent one for Eamon, with a lovely picture of cars driving into a tunnel, trees, and a boy! It's so cool! The other two coordinate with E's, and feature a log cabin, and polka dots. Seriously, Mary has mad quilting skills! And, she sent me the most awesome surprise package, including a pincushion with a sweet little heart button, pretty pretty fabrics, buttons, and stickers for E. I can't believe how spoiled I am!



(I forgot to take a picture, so I'm posting one that Mary took!) These are the placemats I sent her. She has three kids, two girls and a boy, all different ages. So, while I wanted them to coordinate, I didn't want them to be matchy-matchy. So after agonizing over a design, I decided to include a range of fabrics, but arrange them in the same pattern for each. The only fabric that matches is the binding, which I think ties them all together. She has also included closeups of each of the placemats on her flickr stream, if you're interested.

No comments: