Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring


It's Raining
Originally uploaded by Tiny House
Not really, but it is rather grey and yucky outside. I finished this little guy a few days ago, but in looking at my Flickr stream decided I wanted to blog about it.

This image of an umbrella is something that has stuck with me for years. I don't know why, but it has. I've carried it--mentally and in my sketchbook--throughout working in downtown Seattle and moving to Boston and back "home" again. I've changed it up a bit for sure, but it remains the same three paneled umbrella with a curly handle. I like to play with different colors and patterns on each panel, and sometimes I add raindrops, but it's always essentially the same.

Anyway, I'll wind it down now, since I could talk about this for awhile, and bore everyone to tears in the process. But, I will say that this little guy is now framed and hanging above Eamon's art table, hopefully as a little visual reminder of his mama's "happy."

P.S. We lost the house we were hoping to buy. The bank counter-offered $30,000 (yep--thirty thousand dollars) over our offer. We decided that we needed to walk. The house was almost instantly listed on the MLS again, and I think they're planning an auction for tomorrow. We want to go just to see, and depending on what the starting bid is, maybe make an offer--ha ha! Otherwise, I'm over it, except to say that the bank strung us along for 5 months, and I'm not sure I'd ever offer on a short sale again, given that this was the longest 5 months I've experienced in awhile.

P.P.S. Anyone want a Shih Tzu?

No comments: