Thursday, September 2, 2010

Daybook


Mama and Finian
Originally uploaded by Tiny House
(If you want to read more.)

Another entry in the Simple Woman's Daybook, as it's about all I have the energy for!

Outside my window...Sunny skies, chilly air. Fall has arrived!

I am thinking...not a whole lot. My mind has been compromised by lack of sleep.

I am thankful for...Lots of friends and family as we make the transition into a four person family.

From the learning rooms...how to help my older son be a good big brother. While still maintaining his independence. It's hard, and sometimes I want to toss him out a window. (Not literally, duh.)

From the kitchen...I prepared dinner from scratch (chicken and apple curry, and pizza) two nights in a row, and we had leftovers last night. Plus lots of fresh fruit. It's pretty awesome to not eat out all. the. time.

I am wearing...my own clothes! Said goodbye to the maternity clothes a few weeks ago! I love having a waistband that doesn't need to be hitched up every five seconds.

I am creating...hmmm...still working on this one as far as creative items are concerned. Finian doesn't believe in taking a break from eating, so I'm forced to find things to do while nursing a baby. And I've been working on making our house a home suitable for our new family.

I am going...to Target with a friend, then to my wonderful doula's house to visit.

I am reading...Eat, Pray, Love (I know, cliche for sure, but what can I say...)

I am hoping...that I can finish this post and still make it out the door on time.

I am hearing...my iPod on shuffle: Hands by Jewel, Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley, Hands Held High by Linkin Park, and Handlebars by the Flobots. Eclectic much?

Around the house...the usual: organizing, purging, cleaning.

One of my favorite things...the beginning of Fall, the promise of a fresh start.

A few plans for the rest of the week: label my big boy's preschool supplies, work on planning his FOURTH birthday party, and continue to clean house.

No comments: