Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall!

I'm so happy it's fall! What little bit of summer we had was nice and all, but I'm more of a sweater wearing, soup cooking, bread baking, candle burning kind of girl.

E and I spent a Saturday morning recently running errands and stopping off for a coffee/hot chocolate with our new books. Bliss.

We found out F's hearing loss has reversed itself--he no longer has to wear hearing aids! In fact, the audiologist said he has "textbook perfect" hearing! So, so happy!!!

I sent in my doula certification paperwork! Now I'm just waiting to hear that I'm certified!

Daybook:

Outside my window...the occasional car. It's Sunday night, so pretty quiet.

I am thinking...that I'd like the vicodin to kick in.

I am thankful for...understanding people.

I am wearing...pajamas.

I am remembering...that I have a lot to tomorrow.

I am going...to work harder at keeping the house cleaner. It's not terrible, but it's not as well-kept as I'd like.

I am currently reading...Anil's Ghost.

I am hoping...that I do not catch the boys' nasty respiratory infection.

On my mind...midwifery, doula-ing, a ton of projects that I hope to have time to finish, Halloween costumes (Star Wars!,) grocery shopping.

Noticing that...I'm much happier if I take the time to do a really good job with my chores.

Pondering these words..."Mama!"

From the kitchen...pumpkin bread, apple butter, applesauce, gluten free peanut butter cookies, peach BBQ sauce, vanilla honey peach butter, the last of the roasted tomatoes, fresh bread (in 5 minutes a day!) and butternut squash soup.

Around the house...so. many. freaking. legos.

One of my favorite things...Our family doctor's cell phone number.

No comments: