Monday, November 12, 2012

Random Bits

Ocean Shores
My hysterectomy is today.  I'm nervous, and not looking forward to the pain I'm going to be in this next week.  But I'm hoping that this helps my issues and I can move on.  Get'r done.

I have a few friends who plan to come visit me, and some people are bringing my family dinner!  It's so nice to have people care about us.  My mom is staying with us for a few days (she even offered to stay overnight at the hospital if they'll let her!) and my mother in law is coming Thursday.  We're definitely thankful for all the help, especially with the little ones so Jes can continue to work.

I've packed up a couple baskets to keep near me in the next week, should my drug-induced haze lift and extreme boredom set in.  There's some English paper piecing, cross stiching, hand quilting, knitting, and magazines and books.  We don't have a TV downstairs, so there's no mindless TV watching, even when I'm laid up.

I signed up for a couple swaps with swiftly approaching deadlines.  Whoops.  They're quick little makes though, so hopefully I'll be able to get them done on time.

Also, the last time I checked in, I had started my new crossfit program, and was getting back on track.  I'm happy to report that I've continued to stay on track, and am starting to see change again!  I had made a weight loss goal to reach before my surgery, which I met!  No more crossfit in my foreseeable future, but I've come up with a schedule of classes at the YMCA which I hope will work for me.  If not, I'll re-work it until it does.  

Total pounds lost: 30.1
Total pounds left to lose: 70
Inches lost from hips: 3.75
Inches lost from waist: 6

Want to join me?  I'm on myfitnesspal as "elmo9697".

No comments: