Friday, June 21, 2013

Recipe: Peanut Butter, Banana and Coffee Frappe


Since going dairy-free (and trying to get healthy, ahem) I've had to give up my beloved Starbucks, especially my favorite--and ultimate health nemesis--the Frappuccino (that's probably copyrighted.  Sorry Starbucks.)

While on this elimination diet, I sometimes feel a little woe is me and get really bored with what I'm allowed to have.  Smoothies have been my saving grace, and when I *need* something really special (I'm talking to you, ice cream!) full-fat coconut milk from a can is my savior.

Note: I usually make about one quart jar of cold-brewed coffee a week.  So I typically have cold coffee in my fridge.  If you don't, just brew a little and let it cool before you add it to the smoothie mix.

Recipe: Peanut Butter, Banana, and Coffee Frappe

Serves: 1

Calories: 375 (according to myfitnesspal)

1 Cup Cold Coffee (I use this recipe, though I omit the sugar since I'm allergic to sugar cane.  Le sigh.)
1/2 Cup Ice Cubes
1 Frozen Banana
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Canned Coconut Milk (I like Thai Kitchen, Organic, Unsweetened)
1 Dash Cinnamon

Blend it all together.   Enjoy!

No comments: