Hurray! The planets all aligned and I managed to get my Super Tote finished before the end of Sewing Summit! I brought all the fabric and hardware with me, then cut and assembled it over the two nights of open sew. I finished it about 15 minutes before they closed the room on our last night!
I used Melody Miller arrows, grey fine wale corduroy, and a couple of Tula Pink prints that went well with them. I only made a few changes to the handles, otherwise it's all done as written in Anna's pattern. I also opted for store-bought handles. I'm not a fan of turning the tote bag handles inside out, so I will go to great lengths to avoid it. Pure laziness, though I think it really made my version look pretty snazzy! I also opted to topstitch the very top of the upper edge, through the handles. A few people told me theirs pulled the outside towards the inside when it was full, so I thought I'd try to avoid that. It's working great!
This bag is huge! Like so huge I used it for a carry on. I'm pretty sure my youngest child would fit inside. Which is great, except that I tend to fill it up and it gets heavy.
Overall I think it took me about 5 hours. There are A LOT of pattern pieces to keep straight, and parts of it are a bit fiddly to sew, so go slow.
The pattern is amazing (as are all of the Noodlehead patterns I've made!) I highly recommend it.