Thursday, January 23, 2014

Seattle Modern Quilt Guild Binary Challenge







My local quilt guild had a challenge recently, which I was actually able to participate in (go me!)  We were tasked to create a binary (two color) quilt, in any shape or size.  Mine--of course--is the only pillow cover.  And it's the smallest.

(Can I be normal?)

(no.)

I used a piece of patchwork I started at Sewing Summit in Jeni Baker's equilateral triangle class.  I chose almost all Lizzie House fabrics in purple and orange.  There's some white in it, but it passes the "squint test."  (If you squint when you look at it, it reads two colors.)

Regardless of my need to stretch the rules--ahem--I still love it!  I'm especially proud of my matching points, and straight quilting.  I will definitely be doing more precision piecing with triangles in the future!  Bonus--it will look fantastic on my couch!

The reception was held on Vashon Island at Island Quilter.  The exhibit will be open through February 6th, 2014, so there's still time to see all of the quilts together!  It's such a great show--many talented quilters have quilts on display.  And the ferry ride across the Sound is beautiful!

No comments: