Thursday, April 10, 2014

FO: Toddler Backpack





Since I am such an amazing auntie and big sister, I made my nephew a backpack!  Never mind that my sister asked me to make it oh, about two years ago.

(That's beside the point.)

Sometimes, I feel like I just shouldn't sew anymore.  That the act of choosing fabric, ironing said fabric, cutting it up, pinning it, sewing it together is so difficult.  Because I don't have a ton of time, and it's an *effort* to sit still at my machine and plug away at a project for two hours.  Or I'm randomly interrupted by two little munchkins who depend on me to, you know, eat and stuff, and I lose my train of thought, and why should I bother starting something if it's going to take me weeks (or months) to finish.

But I still enjoy it immensely when I get to it, which is why I still do it.  And I know that my kids won't be small forever and need me for everything.  And sometimes, when I set aside to make something that's been stewing on my to-do list for awhile (ahem, I don't think that's the correct word choice for two years, but I'm going to go with it.)  And when I see the face that the recipient makes when I tell them that this is indeed for them, well, that makes it all worth it.

And of course, there's the fact that I made a backpack.  That's pretty spectacular!

The pattern is by Melissa at All Buttoned Up, for Stitch Magazine (Autumn 2010.)  The vehicle fabric is from Bolt, but I don't know who the manufacturer is.  It's Japanese though. 

No comments: