Friday, December 18, 2015

(Nearly) Winter Walks















(Llama stick)

(Dragon head)

I have a deal with my people.  Actually, my naturopath, psychologist, and husband all insist; I just follow along for the ride.  When I start to feel down, I have to do something nice for myself.  It's actually not a bad gig.  Just hard to put into practice.  And recognizing when I'm starting to spiral down into my own head is still difficult, but with their help I'm getting it.  All this to say that I was feeling down (there seems to be a phenomenon this time of year, which makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one,) so I took care of myself.  Self care, yo.

So.  I went to the new Italian bakery and had a (really pretty) brioche bun with pastry cream and raspberries, and a (really mediocre) almond milk latte.  And then busted out my big camera and walked a mile on the waterfront, listening and observing my surroundings.

Watching the construction on the big-ass condominiums and esplanade of grandeur that the commoners probably shouldn't walk on.

Exchanging hellos with the friendly elderly gentlemen out for their morning walks.

Noticing the trash in the bay, right next to the staggering show of wealth.  Inhaling and exhaling out my judgement of said show of wealth and picking up a little trash on my way.

Feeling the sun shining on my face, and the cold air on my cheeks, and the way my breath made "smoke" like a dragon.

Petting a cute dog and having a conversation with a nice man out for a jog.

(By the way, I added some items to my Etsy shop!)

No comments: