Monday, April 28, 2008

Rainy Day!

Best spent crafting, or dreaming of crafting if you aren't able, like me. I do have the day job, so as I'm taking care of the little one I'm thinking of all the new projects I want to start when I get home with my own little Bug. That is, after dinner, and some cleaning up is done.

Today I picked up Simple Sewing, by Lotta Jansdotter. I am in love with it and can't seem to pick out what to do first. Although I'm leaning toward the dishtowels, because they're a very simple project that I can do in one night, so that's probably what I'll do. I just love all the colors and patterns she uses in her book, and the photographs are really amazing. Truly beautiful.

As far as the shop is concerned, I just finished sewing in linings to some zipper pouches, so be on the lookout for those! Maybe some dishtowel sets will make their way in?

Some friends and I drove two hours--one way--to see the Yarn Harlot (Stephanie Pearl-McPhee) in Northampton. She is an amazing speaker, and was very gracious in person. She signed our books, and we were allowed to skip to the front of the line due to potentially screaming toddler. Plus, it was held at WEBS, which is the absolute largest yarn store I've ever been in in my life, and I was so overwhelmed I only came back with two skeins of Lorna's Laces sock yarn and six buttons. But awesome mini road trip!

My husband is visiting home--Seattle--right now. So I'm in essence a single parent for a week, and while it's tough, I always gain a deeper understanding and appreciation for anyone who has to do this everyday. I can't wait for him to get home: only three more days!

No comments: