Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Feels good to craft again


(This photo has nothing to do with this post.)

I've been working on getting our house ready for the upcoming sale--lots of decluttering, cleaning, and touch up painting. My sister and her boyfriend are in town, which is a mixed blessing. They're helpful, in that they are watching Bug for me so I can get work done, but they are also helping in other ways--this morning I stopped in and the house was full of smoke and the dishwasher had leaked bubbles all over since they had used dish soap instead of the dish washer soap. After I left them with explicit instructions to get everything clean, I went back to work with babies, who spent the majority of the afternoon cranking it up.

This evening our realtor stopped by with her stager, and they moved our things around to make it more appealing to buyers. I also have a list of things to do before the open house this weekend, so the next few days are going to be very busy.

I received a phone call from my brother, who is on his way to Seattle to be with his baby, who was flown to the Children's Hospital for what they think is pneumonia. I'm waiting for a phone call update, so hopefully that will be soon. Please send happy thoughts!

Tonight I started a new quilt. It's all jewel tones: deep blues and greens, mixed with browns. I've sewn the strips together, and hopefully tomorrow I'll finish piecing the top. I want to finish the entire thing by next weekend when we leave for Seattle, so I can give it to our cousin, who is due to have a baby very soon.

No comments: