Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weekends are Wonderful!

I'm so glad it's the weekend. Time for just me and the Bug.

I finished up the sock kitten project early this morning. Here's what it's supposed to look like:



Here's what I started with:



Here's what I managed to come up with:



The little boy picked out the fabric for Nelly's new stripes, and I used an off white flannel for the new body and face. I re-embroidered the face as close to the original as I could. I think she turned out well, and the little boy seemed pleased when they picked up the doll this morning.

In other news, I made my first shirt for myself! Simplicity 3835:



The rest of the day was spent at the pool, and shopping at Kam Man Marketplace and Ikea. I plan to knit some more of my socks (Lornas Laces Shepherd Sock) until I fall asleep tonight. Jes comes home tomorrow morning, so I'm having a hard time falling asleep (hence the late night blogging!)

2 comments:

The Four Percent said...

WOW! Nice work on that sock puppet thing!! Nelly was it's name, right?

Jessie Keating said...

Thanks!

Yep, Nelly the sock kitten...I believe it's a Blah Blah doll originally.