Friday, August 22, 2008

Boxes of Chaos

We're coming down to the wire. The truck will be here tomorrow to take most of our possessions, save the few bags of essentials we're carrying on the plane. The car was taken yesterday. My last day of work, and Jes' last day in the Boston office, was Wednesday. We're down to our last two boxes, and darn it--we'll get everything in them.

Bug is starting to act out, knowing that something is going on. He's kind of driving me insane, though I know it's just because he's confused. Sometimes I wish I could act out.

A lot of people have asked me how I feel about the move. I'm not sure yet--I think so far I've been too busy to analyze most of my thoughts and feelings. Maybe I'll figure it out after we've settled in over there.

I've been keeping up with all my blogs that I like to read, and it makes me want to make things. I miss my sewing machine. I want to put it in my carryon bag, but somehow I think Jes might be opposed. So I'll have to wait. Meanwhile, I've been sketching some new ideas--mostly quilts--that I want to start on. I kept out my notecards, but haven't been in the mood to make any.

No comments: