Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March End of the Month

This month I am:

Growing ...
Seedling starts. They're pretty, and fresh, and green. I'll take pictures of their humble beginnings in their yogurt cups and cardboard trays. I'm missing my garden from Boston.



Reading ...
Housekeeeping by Marilynne Robinson (an actual novel, not a self-help book.)
Apples for Jam (well, not really reading it, but using it a lot, especially for inspiration.)
On that same vein, I'm "reading" my grandma's Better Homes and Gardens cookbook from the 50's. I grew up using it, and since my mom doesn't really cook, she gave it to me. It's one of my most treasured items.

Watching ...
I should just remove this category--I've had very little TV time lately. Although I did go to a friend's house and watch Twilight. (I'm glad I'm not the only obsessed mama out there.)

Dreaming ...
(Not a whole lot, this morning--I've been up for nearly 2 hours already!)
Of finishing a few custom orders, a few paintings, and handwarmers for my sister (yep, that's right, I'm a slacker!) I also want to make a few new shirts for myself for this Spring and Summer.
Of a clean house (now, when are those elves coming to scrub my kitchen? They are seriously LATE!)
Of my yarn order arriving. (I need to call them!)
Of a few packages in the mail, about which I'm so excited!
And of Easter egg hunts, dinosaur eggs, and time with part of my family. Seeing my little nephew and niece!

No comments: