Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Good Things

I'm tired and a tiny bit cranky due to some fun hormone-related problems needing a new set of medications, so instead of whining about that, I'm going to list things that make me happy (in no particular order.)

1. Twilight mittens and a matching hat from a great friend.

2. An accepted Purchase and Sale Agreement.

3. Helping more great friends make their first house a home. (Love the purple walls, even though I'm always referring to them as "rum raisin." I really do!!!)

4. A diagnosis for my incredibly picky eater. After two years, we finally have doctors saying Eamon needs treatment for his Sensory Eating Disorder. Never mind that there are no open treatments right now, we have the diagnosis and that goes a long way to making this mama feel like she's not a failure. :O)

5. Paint samples.

6. Making "big girl braids" in my son's best friend's hair after bath time.

7. Kitten!

8. A happy little boy telling the kitten, "silly kitties, don't play with my cars!"

9. Planning a baby sprinkle for a very pregnant friend.

10. Getting all of my "required reading" books for my Doula certification. And getting confirmation that I'm registered for my workshop. Woohoo!

11. Fun fabric to make fun things for new babies.

12. Watercolors.

13. New stamps and ink.

14. Working through my to-do list (and being stopped when I run out of elastic--it's a sign of greatness, right?) (Or at least that I'm selling enough crayon rolls to warrant buying more supplies!)

15. Also running out of crayons (see #14.)

16. New pencil rolls to be listed in the shop!!!

17. Kind of starting to think of decorating a new house...contingent on a home inspection of course. So not really allowing myself to dream yet. But the 6th time's the charm, right? Right?

18. Sketching and prototyping new items for the upcoming holiday season.

19. Thrift store scores!

20. Sorting my pretty ribbons by color.

Whew, I feel better already!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Bearing the good things in mind can be so difficult, and I empathize greatly. Especially with hormonal issues, it can feel like you're just along for the ride while your emotions do the damndest things. I hope things turn around for you soon, and that the good things in life keep you sane.