Sunday, January 24, 2010

Random Bits of My World


Boston, 2010
Originally uploaded by Tiny House
Boston. It was fun. We visited loads of friends, shopped at favorite shops, and gifted a baby quilt. I'm done with snow. Seriously. I'll take grey, rainy, and misty over snow any day!

Baby #2 is kicking my bum. This is a whole new spin on morning sickness for me. And I'm exhausted. AND, I'm already in maternity clothes, despite my 8 pound weight loss.

We moved the bedroom upstairs and the studio/playroom downstairs. Much better for our needs! Our bedroom is basically put back together, but the studio will take a few days (see above, "Baby #2")

I am now an official card carrying member of the YMCA! Woohoo! I can't wait until I'm not too tired to take prenatal yoga! But for now I might just go float around the pool while the nice nursery staff watches my child. :O)

My awesome, wonderful (maybe a bit grumbly) husband cleaned my kitchen for me yesterday. :O))))) I was so happy!!! Now if I can keep up with the dishes and sweeping, maybe I will be able to cook meals for my family? Maybe?

The first meeting of the Seattle Modern Quilting Guild will be held February 20th, from 12-2 in Wallingford. Be there or be square (hahahahaha!!!) I unfortunately can't make it, but I will do my darndest to be there in March.

On the gardening front (well, there isn't any yet, but I'm starting to plan/dream) I see a plum tree, raspberry bushes, and loads of strawberries in my future. And of course flowers to go with the andromeda, rhododendrons, and rose bushes left by the former owners of our house. I'm really looking forward to my garden this year, letting E play in the paddling pool while I waddle around pulling weeds and drinking copious amounts of lemonade.

I need this for a very special quilt.

I need this, this,this, and this because...well...just because I want them, I suppose. :O)

Now, on to finish switching curtains and join my boys watching the football game.

No comments: