Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

(If you want to read more.)

Outside my window...somewhat cloudy skies, with the promise of a warm day for the spray park. And a little bit of a breeze.

I am thinking...that I need to try harder to be a better mommy while in the last stages of this pregnancy.

I am thankful for...a son who loves me even when I'm not the best mommy.

From the learning rooms...learning to cope with all the aches and pains the late stages of pregnancy are throwing at me.

From the kitchen...awesome food that my best friends have brought over for us as I am increasingly less able to cook for my family.

I am wearing...an orange tanktop and black pants. Soon to be changed into something more suitable for public viewing. :O)

I am creating...many knitted items. An organized studio space. And seriously missing my sewing machine.

I am going...to work on my house today. Getting rid of the crap that is bothering me so much.

I am reading...not a lot right now. Not able to concentrate on anything but short blog posts and magazine articles.

I am hoping...to get through this birth naturally. I've been so tired lately with all the work that my body is doing that I am beginning to doubt my ability to power through childbirth with no medication.

I am hearing...Super Why, cars, birds, the window fan.

Around the house...organizing, purging, cleaning.

One of my favorite things...freshly washed baby clothes, folded neatly in anticipation of Baby Boy's arrival.

A few plans for the rest of the week: (Get a baby out?) go on walks, work on organizing the house, and try to rest as much as possible.

7 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This is lovely! I hope you have that baby in your arms very soon.

Steph

Laura said...

Aww, a sweet little baby boy. <3

You sound so, so busy. Are you nesting? Remember to get rest, you'll need it!!

Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see pictures of the new little guy.

carly mary said...

miss fawn tells us you might be in labour!
wishing you all the the best.

Rosa Maria said...

I've heard you might be in labour. Hope you have a healthy beautiful baby in your arms soon! All the best

Sugar Mags said...

This is such a sweet post. We love Super Why too! I feel like they're at least learning something useful! Sounds to me like you're a really good mommy! Hope labour goes so well for you. Found you via So Fawned. LOVE the crayon roll-ups! Perfect for going to a restaurant or in the car.

Tonya Gunn said...

Happy baby birthing - peace and warm wishes.

Paula Lemos said...

My best wishes for you and your new baby!