Monday, October 14, 2013

Superhero Cape!

For my nephew's birthday, I made him a superhero cape and a superhero pillowcase.  I hear he really likes them, so handmade for the win!

I've made several capes in the past, but this was the first time I used a satiny material.  It wasn't much more difficult than regular quilting cotton, especially with the use of MANY pins.  For the star and L, I freehanded the designs backwards onto Wonder Under, ironed them on, then zigzagged around the edges.  I also used my snap setter to add a snap to the neck, instead of velcro.  I think it makes it look a bit more professional.

The pillowcase was super simple, but I did do french seams.  I just like how they look, and I know it'll last longer (especially since my sister washes everything constantly.)

No comments: