Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Little Behind, but Halloween!












Eamon: "Mommy, I don't want to be Toothless anymore."
Me: "Oh, why not?"
Eamon: "Because then everyone will stop me when we're out trick or treating."
Me: "Why would they do that?"
Eamon (fidgeting at this point:) "Well...because they'll want to know where I got my costume."
Me: "What's wrong with that?  Don't you like the costumes I make?"
Eamon: "YES!  I love the stuff make.  But I don't like having to tell people that."
Me (trying not to be all hurt by now:) "Oh.  Well ok, would you rather we bought your costume this year?"
Eamon: "NO!  I want you to make my costume.  I just don't want to have to explain to everyone that you made it.  You make them TOO GOOD and then that's all anyone wants to talk about."

So, about a month before Halloween, we ditched our plans to make Toothless and Stormfly, and switched to lesser-known but much beloved--in this house at least--Eli and Burpy.  At first, I had NO IDEA how I was going to make the slug, but then I stopped thinking too much (because they're just costumes) and drafted a plan.  I even made the dog a costume.  The boys LOVED them!  No one stopped them (because no one knows what Slugterra is.)



I, however, was stopped a lot.  (Princess Unikitty, anyone?)  I had people posing with me, and had a local blogger and a few random photographers taking pictures.  I have no clue where any of these photos are, but it was still fun.  Go big or go home, right?  (I might have picked up my kids in full costume.  Fluffy tail and all.  It was a big hit with the elementary set...)

This has become a pretty fun event for our whole family.  I think this may be the year we all--even the husband!--dress up!  Family costume 2015, baby!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Very creative . I was looking for a Burpy costume, and ended up making one based on your pictures :-) oh thank you! What did you use for the slug containers for Eli Shane?