Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Renfrew, Revisited

At my first Sewing Summit, I made a successful Renfrew top.  I like the pattern a lot--it fits well, and looks great.  I've lost a lot of weight since that trip and decided a couple more were in order since my first one is really baggy now.

I started with a heavyweight sweater knit from JoAnn's.  I saw this on the bolt and knew immediately it was coming with me.  I'm so glad I did because it is cozy and soft, and I love it!


The second is a knit fabric I bought at DryGoods Design after a garment sewing "tips and tricks" class with Jen of Grainline Studio.  It feels a bit more like terry cloth than a true knit to me, but with an undershirt I don't mind it.  Plus the hearts are super cute!  Also, the class with Jen was awesome!  Highly recommend that you take a class from her if you are at all serious about sewing your own clothes.  She went into so much detail in the few hours that we were there.  I can't wait to sew the Scout Tee and Moss Skirt!  (And Keli's space is absolutely gorgeous!)  

(I apologize for the exact same pose in both pictures.  They were taken months apart by my tiny photographer assistant and it was a pretty comical and frustrating experience.)

No comments: