Thursday, April 2, 2015

This Week


Abstract #1
Acrylic on canvas. 12" x 9"

Copyright 2015, Jessie Keating

Abstract #2
Acrylic on canvas. 12" x 9"

Copyright 2015, Jessie Keating

Mom's Dragon
Acrylic on canvas. 12" x 9"

Copyright 2015, Jessie Keating

The Kraken #3
Acrylic on canvas. 8" x 8"

Copyright 2015, Jessie Keating


This week is pretty epic, as far as weeks go.  It's spring break for my kiddos, so I've been shuffling things schedules around, trying to get as many things done as possible while still letting them have fun.  It's hard.  Visiting family, finishing paintings, dreaming up new ones, sewing things, meeting deadlines, working, setting clear goals for myself regarding story outlines and gallery showings.

I made a new tank top for this summer, using a thrifted t-shirt.  The little stripes are sparkly.  I bound off the neck and arms with an old t-shirt of my husband's.  It fits great and I can't wait to wear it without a sweater over the top!

I've recently finished some more paintings too.  Some abstracts, a third Kraken, and a dragon.  The dragon is based pretty heavily off an old drawing of my mom's from when I was a little girl.  He's living with her now.

And, most impact-fully, I've just hung my first showing of my work. It's a collection of painting that I've been working on for the past few months.  I received a notice late last week asking if I'd like to show my work in this month's Renton Art Walk.  Of course I would, so off we trekked yesterday to hang them in a little kung fu studio.  They'll be accessible all month, and part of this Friday's monthly Art Walk.  So exciting!

No comments: