Wednesday, August 5, 2015

What Lies Beneath


What Lies Beneath
Acrylic on canvas.  20" x 24"

Copyright 2015, Jessie Keating






I finished this painting recently.  It took awhile, even though I've had the idea for months (what started as a game between my eight year-old and I: he described some scenes that I sketched in my sketchbook.  Sometimes that's the best inspiration!)

I actually hate deep water.  I'm terrified of fish, and drowning.  I have incredible motion sickness.  Once, we went on a seven day cruise to Mexico.  We woke up to the sirens blaring and announcements that our last port call wasn't happening since we were in a hurricane and the captain was rushing us out of danger.  So.  Not planning on any cruises anytime soon.  Someday maybe.  But for now, I'm content to paint my nightmares.

No comments: