Friday, May 23, 2008

15 Hearts!!!

I'm calling this a milestone! I have 15 hearts on Etsy, and have made 5 sales. I think it's great!

I've also been on a stamping kick lately, so a lot of my cards are stamped, rather than drawn. I think it's good to have variety. Though I think some of my photos leave a lot to be desired, so I'm going to bring my "inventory" to our yard sale (not to sell) to have a friend take photos. So then hopefully my things will be better represented. That's my theory, anyway.

Yes, we're having a yard sale tomorrow. I love clearing out things that we no longer use, with the idea that we won't bring more useless things into our house. That's the premise, anyway. I don't really follow it, but it's a nice idea.

Last night I made the brown rice risotto from the Apples for Jam cookbook. It was absolutely fantastic. Absolutely worth the 1.5 hours it took to make. And I kind of felt that the butter and parmesan cheese calories/fat were cancelled out by the BROWN rice. Right? :O) I also made the chicken with lemon and butter, which in retrospect I wouldn't make together with the risotto, given the amount of butter used in both recipes, but they were delicious. Tonight we're having the buttermilk fried chicken, and spaghettini with parmesan bread crumbs. I know, I know, it's not healthy. But it's good, and what's wrong with a little indulgence every once in awhile?

No comments: