Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Super Secret Quilting



OK, so it's not so super secret anymore, as I'm posting a picture of it online, for the world to see, but anyway. I did this last Friday before we left for NH. I'm nearly done sewing on the binding, just waiting for another naptime. My brother's having a boy, so I chose all blues, with a little red thrown in for fun. The front is all cotton, and the back is flannel. I used the Easy Lap Quilt pattern from Bend the Rules Sewing. I'll post a complete picture when it's been opened by the parents, one without the help of Bug. :O)

Today is Farmer's Market day (it always seems to amaze me how quickly it comes around again) so we'll probably pack lunches and head out that way soon. The weather forecast is for afternoon showers, but the sky is clear and it's warm, so I foresee a stop at the park for a picnic. Yey! I really want to make a picnic rug soon, so maybe that will be my next quilt project. I have a bunch of Japanese canvas blends from Superbuzzy which would make a really sturdy outdoor blanket, so that could be a good thing!

No comments: