Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Totes!

I love tote bags! They're so useful. I think everyone should have a few, or ten. I have this lovely green canvas, which I used last night to make a bag for my shop, and then spent the afternoon (between busting up fights between kids and stuff of that nature) appliquéing a vintage doily onto it. And now I'm in love with it. So it is with great sadness that I list it in my shop...I kind of hope it doesn't sell, because then I can keep it...seriously--I know I could make another one, but I don't have another doily like the one I used. I even looked on eBay today for more doilies, but plain cotton/embroidered ones are hard to find.



Has anyone else noticed the recent multitudes of people going gaga for the Sew U Home Stretch book? I'm tempted to pick it up, just so I can learn how to sew stretch fabrics. I don't have a serger, but I've heard there's a section on sewing stretch fabrics with a regular machine. However, I imagine myself going something like this (imagine me sitting at my machine, freshly laundered and pressed and cut jersey fabric, talking to myself under my breath): "Go slowly. Try not to swear-darn! Ok, breathe. Now, s-l-o-w-l-y, try again. Shoot! Ok, ready? Take a deep breath, press your foot down slowly, try not to waste this fabric! G-d d-m-t! I'm going to kill this G-d d-mn machine!" Then I'll kick my machine. Am I stuck working with non-stretch fabrics forever? the horrors! :O)

No comments: