Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday:

I was a domestic goddess. I cleaned my house, including scrubbing my bathtub (and bleaching all the nasty mildew that seems to keep growing despite all my best efforts--yuck!) I washed all the dishes in the kitchen. I hung my new wall organizing system from Ikea. I cleaned my sewing station. I packed for our weekend trip to New Hampshire, cleaned the car, and wrote down directions for all the places we wanted to go while in NH. I even sewed buttons on shirts and shorts. Oh, and I made a baby quilt for my new nephew. All but the hand sewing of the back of the binding. By the way, remember that I'm a full-time nanny? This was all done during three hours of naptimes. Yep, I'm a domestic goddess. :O)

We got to our hotel about midnight that night, in North Conway.

Saturday and Sunday:

I woke up with my lower face swollen and numb. I was apparently bitten by a black fly (on the inside of my lip, I figured out later: gross!) I spent the rest or the weekend doped up on Benadryl, but hey, that's what the weekend's for, right?

We also puttered around. It was nice to have no agenda, no rules, no time constraints. We did what we wanted, when we wanted. We did some shopping at some of the many outlets and took a train ride on the Conway Scenic Railroad. Bug flipped out, and then promptly fell asleep.

It was so very nice to leave town and all of our responsibilities for a little while. It's been a long time--actually almost a year exactly since we took a family vacation. So we need to do things like this more often, even if it's just a little jaunt up the road.

No comments: