Friday, July 4, 2008

Japanese Magazine, Anyone?



I am in love with the Japanese magazine, Come Home! I don't read Japanese, though, so it's kind of frustrating that I don't actually know what they're talking about, but I love to look at the pictures and get inspiration for my own projects and decorating. Unfortunately, it's an incredibly expensive magazine at around $15 an issue, so my last order of the most current two issues was a real treat, especially for something that I can't actually read. Kind of funny, actually. I like to think that I gain something from "reading" them at least.

Today we went to a friend's house for a BBQ. It was a good time, with good food. We skipped the fireworks again this year (lame, I know,) but after Bug's reaction to a neighbor setting off small fireworks, I think it was a smart decision. First, after he was buzzed by a (giant) bumblebee (near his face) he screamed (I thought he had been stung, or broken a bone, it was that bad.) Then when the neighbors started with the fireworks I thought he might want to see them, but I wonder if the combination of the bee and loud fireworks was just too much, because he nearly climbed over me to get away from the sound. He had absolutely no interest in seeing the pretty lights. Oh, well, I suppose we have plenty of time to see fireworks in later years. Maybe we'll be home one year and he'll actually get to set off sparklers or something. (It's illegal in MA.) Ah, the joys of childhood--fire and small bombs.

Oh, and my little nephew was born! He arrived shortly after I posted my last blog, healthy, as are Mom and Dad. I can't wait to see him in next month!

No comments: