Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sleep

I love you, but I also love sleep. I'm tired.

Did you know it's Daylight Saving's Time today? Yep, that's right--we get an extra hour of sleep. Well, we should have had an extra hour of sleep, I should say. And why did you sleep in yesterday, when it was Daddy's turn to get up with you? Come to think of it, why do you sleep in every time it's Daddy's turn, but you get up super early when it's Mommy's turn? Huh?

Mommy loves you, but please don't bug her before her first cup of coffee. I mean it. Mommy's tired.

I mean it.

Where did I put my coffee?

Yes, you can watch Curious George fifteen times in a row, as long as I can sleep.

No, Daddy is still sleeping, so please refrain from a screaming tantrum. No, please do not throw your big fire truck. What's that? That's a fire truck. Seriously. Now you want to know what a fire truck says? It says "woo woo." Now seriously, Mommy needs her coffee. She didn't go to sleep until 1AM last night. Why's that? Because she has a migraine.

Bug, I love you. But again, leave me alone until I've had my coffee. Can you get your own breakfast today? And while you're at it, please stop banging your metal pots and pans against your wooden play food! It really aggravates my migraine. Where's my Tylenol?

No, it's too early to go to the park. It's raining. It's too wet. I said no! We can splash in the puddles later.

Oh, here's my coffee, in the refrigerator. Yum. Cold coffee and Tylenol, breakfast of champions.

1 comment:

LauraJ said...

hello! we're partners for the quilt in a baggie thingy. If you wouldn't mind emailing me your address I'd be ever so greatful! Oh and please get some sleep. I know the insomnia bug all too well!